Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software. Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox. Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer. SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web. And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.
SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for so-called spyware - it prevents it from being installed in the first place. It achieves this by disabling the CLSIDs of popular spyware ActiveX controls, and also prevents the installation of any of them via a webpage. This allows you to run Internet Explorer with Active-X enabled, but it will never download or even prompt you for any of the known ActiveX controls. All other Active-X controls or plug-ins will work fine.
The SpywareBlaster database contains information on these known spyware Active-X controls and can be updated with the click of a button. The application windows displays a list of all controls that it is able to detect (this is not a list of what was found on your computer). SpywareBlaster cannot detect if you have any of the known objects already installed, but if you do, they will be disabled.
SpywareBlaster provides additional functionality in its "Tools" section. A short description of each of the Tools can be found below:
• Browser Pages: This displays many of the "browser pages" on your system (for example, your homepage, various search pages, etc.) and provides the functionality to change any of them. Pages are displayed for both Internet Explorer and Mozilla.
• Hosts Safe: The Hosts Safe can store encrypted backup copies or snapshots of the Hosts file. These backup copies are stored in the SpywareBlaster folder. Should you ever need to restore a backup copy of your hosts file, simply select it from the displayed list and press the "Restore Saved Backup" button.
• Misc. Internet Explorer Settings: Here you can edit a few Internet Explorer settings that are not readily available through any built-in interface in IE.
• Flash Killer: Macromedia Flash can be used to display animated interfaces on websites, animations, and other "Flash" content. Unfortunately, advertisers have begun to use Flash as a method for creating annoying and distracting content. And some users that wish to keep Flash off of their computers altogether have found it troublesome to prevent every website that uses Flash from installing it. Flash Killer can set the Kill bit for the Macromedia Flash control (versions 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x) - preventing the installation completely and disabling it if it is already installed. Reversing this procedure is easy.
• Custom Blocking: Create your own list of ActiveX controls that you want to block. Add search engine toolbars, browser plug-ins, and more - block any ActiveX control you want. You can even download Custom Blocking lists other people have created. (Warning: Please be careful when using a Custom Blocking list someone else has created. Only consider using a Custom Blocking list if you trust the person that created it.)
SpywareBlaster offers two updating options:
1.) AutoUpdate - keep your protection up-to-date automatically!
2.) Check for Updates - manually check for and download the latest updates
SpywareBlaster works on Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7
Size : 3 MB
Uploadbox | Sharingmatrix