Avira AntiVir's advantages include low system resource usage, user-friendly central configuration, scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of malware, guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts, MailGuard (POP3- and SMTP-Scanner) for the permanent checking of emails for viruses and malware, exclusive download server for faster updates, user-defined update intervals, Phishing and Rootkit Protection and an integrated failsafe security system.
Here are some key features of "Avira Antivirus Premium 2012":
· AntiVir stops all types of viruses
· AntiAd/Spyware eliminates ad/spyware
· AntiPhishing proactive protection against phising
· AntiRootkit against hidden rootkit threats
· AntiDrive-by prevents against downloading viruses when surfing
· EmailScanner enhanced email protection
· WebGuard protection against malicious websites
· RescueSystem create a bootable rescue CD
· QuickRemoval eliminate viruses at the push of a button
· NetbookSupport for laptops with low resolution
· At least 100 MB of free hard disk memory space (more if using Quarantine for temporary storage)
· At least 192 MB RAM under Windows 2000/XP
· At least 512 MB RAM under Windows Vista
· For all installations: Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
· Administrator rights are required for the installation
Whats New in This Release:
· Avira AntiVir, version 10 will be released with a new graphical user interface that features a completely new set of icons as well as a new 3D navigation bar and a continuous background picture.
· The new user interface keeps the proven elements of the old interface and the customer does not need to get into a new interface. However, the new icon set and the other new elements make it much easier for the customer to find his way around the program.
Avira AntiVir ProActiv :
· Avira AntiVir, version 10 is now equipped with a brand new host-based intrusion prevention system called Avira AntiVir ProActiv. AntiVir ProActiv constantly monitors the behaviour of the system in real-time and looks for unusual events.
· An integrated rule-system is able to decide proactively if a certain event (or a combination of events) indicates that the system is currently under attack from a new or unknown malware.