Kaspersky Security Scan 2.0 Beta 1 (Build 188.8.131.52) | 54 MB
Kaspersky Security Scan checks how well protected your computer against malicious programs: viruses, Trojans and worms. The scanner also checks for vulnerabilities in the operating system and installed applications.
Kaspersky Security Scan, a free scanner that uses the latest technology, "Kaspersky Lab" - updated anti-virus, heuristic analysis of threats, as well as real-time information from the "cloud" - to check the status of your computer's security.
The three levels of scanning is performed on schedule or at the time of launch: check the status of security of Windows, scan for malware scan for vulnerabilities and security issues, non-malicious threats.
After scanning your computer Kaspersky Security Scan tells you the following information:
• determined whether the anti-virus software on your computer;
• to see if the firewall (firewall) on your computer;
• there is malware on your computer;
• whether there is vulnerability in the Windows operating system and installed applications.
~ Technology in the detection of Kaspersky Security Scan
Kaspersky Security Scan uses multiple detection technologies for your system.
• Anti-virus database. This application detects malware by comparing them with samples stored in the database Kaspersky Lab. You must have an Internet connection to receive updates of these databases on your computer.
• Heuristic analysis. In the Kaspersky Security Scan is a function of the heuristic analyzer that detects threats, determine which have not yet been added to the antivirus databases.
• Cloud technology. In addition, free scanner allows you to use cloud services Kaspersky Security Network, which allows Kaspersky Security Scan quickly respond to new types of threats.
It is important to note that Kaspersky Security Scan does not remove the malware, and does not cure the infected files. If the test shows that the computer is in danger, scanner recommends that you purchase a full-featured antivirus application from the "Kaspersky Lab".